Homemade Apple Cider & Fall Spotify Playlist
With the leaves beginning to change and the temperature dropping, warm up with a spicy yet sweet beverage guaranteed to hit the spot on a chilly afternoon. While wonderful aromas fill your home, get in the fall spirit with a delicious hot cider! For an alcoholic version, add in a few ingredients listed below to keep you warm with an extra kick.
Visiting your local apple orchard for some cider-prep? Picking out the perfect pumpkin to carve? Amplify all your fall activities with our Autumn Adventure Playlist on Spotify!
8-10 apples (use a mixture for variety in flavor)
5 tbs cinnamon
4 tbs allspice
Dark brown sugar to taste
- Quarter your apples (no need to remove peel or seeds).
- In a large pot add your apples and fill with water just enough to cover the apples.
- Add cinnamon and allspice.
- Boil on high for one hour (uncovered) checking on it frequently.
- Turn down heat and let simmer for two hours (covered).
- Take off the heat after two hours of simmering and let cool.
- Mash up the apples to a pulp like consistency (a potato masher works well).
- Taste your cider for sweetness and add the brown sugar until you reach the desired sweetness.
- Once cool pour into a strainer over a large bowl.
- (optional) When most of the juice has drained away, put the remainder of the pulp into a doubled up cheese cloth and squeeze over the bowl until no more juice comes out.
- Store in an air tight container in your refrigerator for up to a week, or freeze it for later use.
- Reheat on the stove and enjoy either plain or add caramel syrup, cinnamon, or marshmallows.
4 cups apple cider mix
1/2 cup bourbon whiskey
2 tbs maple syrup
1 tbs lemon juice
- To 4 cups of your cider mix, add whiskey, maple syrup, and lemon juice to a pot over low heat and stir.
- Ladle into cups and serve warm.
For full recipes and details, please visit:
Leave a comment