On-The-Go Eats With Your Adventure Partner
It's always nice to get out and share a meal with your other half, especially with Valentines Day right around the corner! Cozy up for a romantic night in the wilderness, watch the stars, and enjoy a delicious meal for two with recipes that are on-the-go ready. Check out our ideas below for a full spread that you and your adventure partner will love!
DINNER - STUFFED PEPPERS
After the long hike to your campsite, enjoy a filling dinner for two packed with flavor and nutrients. These stuffed peppers take just a little bit of foresight and provide a delicious meal. Prepare the filling before you set out on the trail and cook the perfectly portioned peppers at your campsite!
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 chipotle peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup tortilla chips, crushed
In a large pot, bring 4 quarts of water and 1 tablespoon salt to boil. Trim 1/2-inch from the top of each pepper and remove the stem and seeds.
Add peppers to the water and cook until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Remove from water and place cut-side up to cool.
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add garlic, chipotle peppers, corn, and black beans, and stir until heated through. Pour into a large bowl.
Add 1 cup cheese, rice, tomatoes, and cilantro to the large bowl with the black beans and stir to combine.
If you're taking these peppers to your camp, place them in a glass storage container, with the filling evenly divided. Wrap them in tin foil for convenient campfire cooking!
If you're cooking them at home, place the peppers in a 9” x 9” baking dish and divide the filling evenly.
Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and crushed chips and serve!
For full recipe and details visit: Culinary Hill
SNACK - EVERYTHING DIP
Don’t we all love hummus? It's creamy, delicious, and can be eaten with just about everything! Well, “everything” just got tastier! Imagine hummus with the taste of an everything bagel - the two of you will love this flavorful & filling dip!
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 can (1.5 cups) cooked chickpeas
- 1 can (1.5 cups) cooked white beans (navy, cannellini, etc.)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- water, as needed
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil for drizzling (optional)
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp caraway seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- In a food processor or strong blender, combine the tahini, lemon juice, and garlic until a smooth paste is formed.
- Add the cooked beans, spices, and vinegar, and blend until completely smooth. Add water to reach desired consistency and salt to taste, then transfer to a bowl.
- Stir in garlic powder, onion powder, and seeds; but reserve a pinch for sprinkling.
- Drizzle olive oil on top as desired. Pack it up for the trek ahead and serve with pita bread, chips, veggies, or anything else you like!
For full recipe and details visit: Yup It's Vegan
DESSERT - CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRIES
There’s something so reminiscent about chocolate covered strawberries on Valentines Day. We love to enjoy this tasty, traditional combination with our other half, indoors and out! This super easy dessert can be prepped the day before and chilled in your cooler!
- 1 lbs strawberries
- 3.5 oz 100g semi-sweet chocolate
Wash strawberries, leaving on the green parts, then pat dry with a paper towel. Make sure they are very dry.
Reserve a little bit of chocolate and chop into small bits. Melt rest of the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave.
Take the strawberries by the green part between your fingers and dip the them into the melted chocolate. Place on a lined baking sheet and sprinkle with toppings like chopped chocolate, coconut flakes, cacoa, nuts, or white chocolate.
Put in the fridge to harden for at least 1 hour - several hours or overnight is best.
For full recipe and details visit: The Stay At Home Chef
DRINK - CRANBERRY ORANGE WHISKEY COCKTAIL
If you and your adventure partner are partial to a cocktail and cuddles, you'll love this bitter-sweet beverage. Just pack a few ingredients, find your perfect relaxation spot, and whip up this tangy drink for two!
- 2 oz whiskey
- 3 oz cranberry juice
- 1 oz orange juice (or lemon)
- Pinch of sugar
- Fill cocktail shaker 2/3 full with ice. Add whiskey, cranberry juice, orange juice and sugar to shaker. Close lid and shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Place large ice cube in glass and pour liquid from shaker over ice. Garnish with rosemary, if you're feeling fancy!
Leave a comment